Sebo Vacuum Cleaner Repair Service
UK Sebo Repair Service
Here at Manchester Vacs, we are not only Sebo spare parts sellers. As approved Sebo dealers, we also service and repair Sebo vacuum cleaners.
- For those local to us (Manchester, Tameside or Stockport) who want to bring in their Sebo for repair, you can find all you need to know on >>this page<<.
- For those who want assistance with DIY repairs, please use our >>advice forums<< for that, make a free account and ask the question there. We are unable to give one-to-one DIY repair advice by email or phone.
- This service is designed for Sebo owners whose machine is out of warranty or ineligible for warranty.
- If your machine is still covered by Sebo warranty, you need to contact Sebo direct on 01494 465533. The service we offer on this page is chargeable.
Have Your Sebo Vacuum Cleaner Repaired
If you are not local to us, and your Sebo is out of warranty, you can send your Sebo to us for repair. This page is here to enable you to do that painlessly.
The best-selling Sebo vacuums in the UK are the Automatic X Series uprights, those are:
- The X1
- The X1.1
- The X4
- The X5
- The X7
The advice here mainly relates to these Automatic X Series machines.
If you have a Sebo Felix or a Sebo cylinder machine, read on anyway and >>contact us<< for advice first if you want one of those repaired.
Preparing to Send Your Sebo Automatic X for Repair
Your Sebo Automatic X is a modular machine; which means it dismantles easily.
The three main components are:
- The handle and cable
- The main body (where the bag is to be found)
- The base unit (where the motor and the electronics are)
The chances of a problem being in the main body is unlikely, unless the problem is easily visible like a split hose, broken clip, hose blockage or suchlike. In that case, you can simply buy a part and likely fit it yourself.
For issues that involve loss of power, intermittent running, a noisy motor, the self-levelling system or warning lights that wont extinguish, the issue will be in the base unit or the handle (assuming you have ruled out simple DIY issues such as blockages, full bags, etc.).
In this situation, you only need send us the handle (and cable) and the base unit. You keep the main body, hose, tools and wand handle. This makes for a much smaller parcel that is cheaper to send.
In order to do this, first locate this button on your Sebo:
Press the button indicated and the main body can be easily removed like so:
Then locate this lever at the base of the handle:
Flicking that lever over allows the handle to be removed. You now have this:
These are the two components you need to package up and send to us.
If the nature of the problem is unrelated to the power supply, and you are confident the problem is in the base unit only, you need only send us the base unit.
Packaging Your Sebo Automatic X
Find a suitable sized box (local shops can help with that). Package your Sebo up as best you can so the contents don’t move around inside and the two items don’t scratch against each other. Screwed up newspaper is useful here if you have no other packaging. Pack the box as tightly as you can and tape it up.
Important: Fill in our service slip by clicking the button below:
Print and fill in that slip and enclose it with your parcel. If you don’t do that, we won’t know where or from whom the parcel has come.
Measure and weigh your parcel (bathroom scales are adequate for weighing). Round weights and sizes up rather than down if in doubt, as couriers charge for under-declared mistakes in weight or size.
Sending Your Sebo Automatic X for Repair
No appointment or book in process is necessary. Our address is on the service slip to be found by clicking the yellow button above.
To send a parcel, most people tend to default to the Post Office. While perfectly competent and offering a good service, the Post Office are seldom the cheapest option. They are usually the most expensive option, in fact.
For boxes of this size, we find couriers more cost-effective and efficient. Many of our customers use >>this site<< to send parcels to us (we have no affiliation to them). They act as an aggregator and allow you to access most of the major couriers at cheap prices on a one off basis. There you can choose the courier you prefer (we like DPD or UPS, but choose any one you like), choose the price, choose insurance if you need it (probably not necessary, but your choice) and choose if you will drop off the package at a local shop or drop off point or have it collected from your address.
Expect to pay around £7 – £12 for a decent courier. You will find very cheap options like Hermes, APC, Yodel or ones you have never heard of at just a few pounds, but you get what you pay for. Our view is that there is no point in saving a couple of pounds and having a budget courier taking five days instead of two, leaving your parcel on a doorstep at 7pm, tossing it over a wall in the rain for the weekend or losing it altogether.
Customer service at budget couriers and aggregator sites is close to zero, so mitigate the risks by using a proper courier we say.
It is your choice and at your risk as to how you send your machine to us. Our advice above is offered simply from our long experience over two decades sending parcels each and every day.
What Happens When Your Sebo Vacuum Cleaner Arrives for Repair
When your Sebo arrives, you will know as you will have the tracking from whoever you used to send it. One of our engineers will diagnose it within a day or two. We will email or telephone you and let you know what it needs to put it right and what that will cost.
You then have two choices:
- We will repair the machine at an agreed price, you will pay online via a link we send you via email, and we will return it to you with DPD
- If a repair isn’t cost-effective, we can either dispose of the machine free of charge or return it to you at a P&P cost of £10
In reality, even a very old Sebo is usually worth repairing. Even when an expensive component like a motor is necessary, it is usually much cheaper than replacing the whole vacuum cleaner. We will repair your machine in the most cost-effective and sensible way we can. Sometimes, that may involve used parts or after-market parts. We will discuss with you what our engineers say is the best course of action.
The final choice with any repair always lies with you, so there will be no nasty surprises afterwards.
What Does a Sebo Repair Cost?
Our flat labour charge for this service is £49 including VAT. To that is added any parts needed and return delivery using DPD at £10 including VAT.
We don’t know exact repair costs for your machine as we haven’t seen it yet, but here are some typical examples:
- You send us an X1.1 machine with the “check brushroll” light on. Our engineers say it needs a brushroll and a board reset (a board reset is typical after a new brushroll to tell the onboard computer the machine has a new brushroll). The board reset is included within the service charge, so you would pay only the service charge, the brushroll and return carriage via DPD. That comes out at £74.99.
- You send us an X4 machine that isn’t raising and lowering to different floor types as it should. Our engineers say it needs a servo motor. Those motors are usually in the region of £45, but we have some used ones at just £19.99. Add that to the standard service charge at £49 and the return carriage at £10 and the total is £78.99.
- You send us an X5 machine that is cutting out but coming back on when you wiggle the wire where it enters the machine. This tells us it is a faulty flex with an internal break (wear and tear). In this instance you can DIY with a new flex. But if you are disinclined or unable to do that yourself, we can do that for you. A new flex, service charge and return carriage comes out at £69.99.
Before Your Sebo Comes Back
We are not subject to strict weight and size restrictions with DPD, we pay a flat price. Before we send you a checkout link to pay online, it’s a good time to consider if you need any spare bags, tools or other spares and accessories. If so, there will be no extra delivery cost to pay for those items, so it’s a good time to stock up on things like bags, spare filters or a service box.
Getting Your Sebo Back
When we send your Sebo back to you, it will come with DPD and you will get an SMS and an email when it is booked. You will get further SMS messages and emails from DPD to allow you to track the progress of your parcel so you know pretty much what time it will arrive back. You will also have options with DPD to have it left with a neighbour or change the delivery day. The video below tells you everything you need to know about the DPD service.
Note to those located in the Highlands and Islands: Couriers charge more to deliver to Highlands and Islands addresses; if you live there you will know this already. Delivery back to these addresses will cost more in many cases and we may have to use an alternative carrier. Ask us a question using the button below if you need more information on this.
Overseas addresses: We will also repair Sebo vacuums for people living elsewhere in Europe. Courier charges differ to various countries, so ask us a question using the button below if you need more information on this.